Today we will know what Hacking is and how many types of hackers are there. Today the demand of computers and smartphones has increased so much that people can not fulfill their work except for both of these things.Whether we do our own business or work in a company or bank, everywhere computers are used. It is mandatory to use a computer to run a company or to run a business, because with its help we can do a lot of work and calculations in a few minutes. Just as there is a lot of small and big problems faced in fulfilling every task, in the same way computer also has to face many problems while working.
All you have heard about Cybercrime, if you have not heard, then I will tell you. Cybercrime is a crime in which hackers use computers to steal data and personal files needed by other people’s computers and blackmail them and ask them for a lot of money. Because of the cybercrime, many organizations that have been stealing data every year have to pay millions of crores of rupees to save their data.
This crime is increasing in the world of computer , and in this case everyone needs to keep their own company and business essential files out of these hackers. But the question arises here is how to save the necessary files kept in the computer from being stolen. If you want to know the answer to this question, please read this article, what is Hacking ? And is it legal or illegal?
What is hacking
Hacking means finding a weakness in the computer system and then taking advantage of the same weakness to blackmail the computer owner. Hacking is done through a human-computer which we call a hacker and it has a lot of knowledge of computer and computer knowledge, so he specializes in stealing data from others’ computers. When it comes to hearing the name of hacking, it is known that it is a wrong thing because it is illegal and can be punished by one person. But hacking every time is not wrong as all hackers are not the same, there are some good hackers and there are some bad hackers. Who are good and bad hackers and what they do, let us know about it further.
What is done in the history of hacking and hacking
Hacking has been a very big part of the computing over the past several decades. This is a very broad discipline, which covers topics of a wide range. If we first discovered when this was hacking then we would know that this was the first time MIT was used in the 1960’s , and at the same time the word ” Hacker ” was also born and which was later also very popular.
If technically speaking about the process of hacking, then the main thing that needs to be done is to find possible entry points in any computer network or computer system, and then finally enter it. Hacking usually involves unauthorized access to a computer system or computer network. It is meant to either damage the system or to steal Mehjuda sensitive information in the system.
Hacking is often legal until a hacker detects the weaknesses of any computer system or computer network for testing purposes. This type of hacking is called Ethical Hacking.
A computer expert who hacks itself is called ” Ethical Hacker “. Ethical Hackers are those who always use their knowledge to gain knowledge, how to operate the systems, how they are designed, and sometimes to test the system’s security strength.
Types of Hacking
We can divide the hacking into different categories, for this, we will see what is hacked. In order to convince you, you present some examples to people
- Website Hacking – This type of hacking means that obtaining unauthorized control over a web server and its associated software such as databases and other interfaces.
- Network Hacking – This type of hacking means that you get all the information above a network and for which there are many tools like Telnet, NS lookup, Ping, Tracert, Netstat, etc. The main purpose of doing so is to damage the network system and its operation.
- Email Hacking – This type of hacking means that the hacker gets unauthorized access to his email account without the owner’s permission. Later on, he is supposed to use his illegal works.
- Ethical Hacking – This type of hacking means helping the owner to identify and fix the weaknesses of any system or network. These are a safe hacking process in which all tasks are done under the supervision of the owner.
- Password Hacking – This type of hacking means that secret passwords are recoverable from data that are stored or transmitted in a computer system by a computer system.
- Computer Hacking – This type of hacking means that the hacker knows the computer system’s computer ID and password, which is used by hacking methods to get an unauthorized access to any computer system. With this, owners are at risk of stolen their data.
How many types of hackers are there?
Basically, there are three types of hackers, two of which are bad for hackers who harm people by doing bad things and a good hacker who protects us from both of the bad hackers. The good hacker is called the White hat hacker, the bad hacker is called the Black hat hacker and which comes between the two, which means both good and bad works as a Grey hat hacker.
1# Black Hat Hacker
Black hat hackers are those who go into your computer without your permission and steal your personal data such as corporate data, fund transactions details, ATM card details etc, which we keep in a computer, which these hackers Steal and take the wrong advantage of our power and ask us for a ransom. Black hat hackers are very bad and they damage the second for their benefit.
2# White Hat hacker
White hat hackers are those people who do the complete opposite of the Black Hat hacker i.e. they allow the hackers to check the security of the computer, they just do this to know or to help a company How strong is the security of their system and whether that security can easily be broken. White hat hackers are also called ethical hackers.
3# Grey Hat Hacker
Grey hat hackers are those who do not have any intention of indulging in something with others’ computer data or they defect their system and they do not want them in return. But still, try to hack others using computers without their permission. They do this just because of how they do hacking so they do not mind because they are not black hat hacker and they tried to hack the computer without permission, so they are not even a white hacker, such a hacker We call grey hat hacker.
Apart from this, there are some different kinds of hackers, who have provided the following information.
4# Miscellaneous Hacker
Except for the second class of hackers, they are also divided for their hacking methods. So let’s know more about this.
Red Hat Hackers
Red hat hackers are called those which are a mixture of both black hat and white hat hackers. They primarily aim to hack government agencies, top-secret information hubs, and all those things that are related to sensitive information.
Blue Hat Hackers
Blue Hat Hackers are called those who are often freelancers and do not work for any companies but they have complete information about Network Security, apps, software. Such hackers use companies to know the loopholes of their products, for this, they provide them the beta version of products, and ultimately they help companies very much in this work. Companies also give them a lot of good money. Many companies organize similar competitions such as to encourage blue hat hackers.
This is a social status between hackers community, which is only available to select hackers who have exceptional skills. If he says so, he is the most accomplished player in his work. All newly discovered exploits are the first of these hackers.
A script kiddie is called that which is absolutely non-expert in its field and uses pre-packaged automated tools to penetrate someone’s computer system, which is written by somebody else. They do not know anything about these tools, how they work, and that is why they go to Kiddie.
These are the hackers that are “n00b”, or “newbie” or “green hat hacker”. These people are often new to the field of hacking, which does not know anything about hacking and its technologies.
A hacktivist is called a hacker that technology is used to hack social, ideological, religious, or political message. Most of them use website defacement and denial-of-service attacks.
Basic Terminologies of Ethical Hacking
Here we will know about some basic terminologies related to Ethical Hacking which are widely used in this hacking field and all new hackers need to know about it.
- Adware – Adware is a software that has been designed so that it forces the pre-selected ads to be displayed on the screen.
- Attack – This is an action that is done in the system to access it and to extract sensitive data.
- Backdoor – This back door, or trap door, is a hidden entry in a computing device or software that helps to bypass all security measures, such as logins and password protections.
- Bot – A bot is a program that helps automate any action that can be done repeatedly with a higher rate and without error, which is not possible by any human operator, too long. For example send to HTTP, FTP or Telnet in the higher rate and calling a script in which they create an object in the higher rate.
- Botnet – Botnet, also called zombie army, is called a computer group, which is done in the knowledge of the owner. Botnets are used to spam or to denial of service attacks.
- Brute force attack – A brute force attack is automated and it is the simplest method to gain access to any system or website. It keeps trying different combinations of usernames and passwords until it gets the right combination.
- Buffer Overflow – Buffer Overflow is a type of flaw that occurs when more data is written in a block of memory, or buffer, in which the buffer is instructed to hold more than allocated space.
- Clone Phishing – Clone phishing is a type of modification existing, legitimate email with a false link where the recipient is triggered, giving them all their personal information.
- Cracker – A cracker is called that which modify the software to access its protected features. These are the features that are protected by copy.
- Denial of service attack (DoS) – This denial of service (DoS) attack is called when a malicious attempt is made available to the server or a network resource for some time which is unavailable to the first users. Usually, there are services that are connected to the host, are temporarily interrupted or suspended.
- DDoS – ये Distributed denial of service attack होता है.
- Exploit Kit – This exploit kit is a software system designed to run in the web servers, its main purpose is to identify the software vulnerabilities of client machines and exploit those vulnerabilities for which this malicious code To be executed in the client to execute.
- Exploit – Exploit is a piece of software, chunk of data, or sequence of commands, which can be used to compromise a computer or network system, which may accrue a bug or vulnerability.
- Firewall – Firewall is a type of filter that is designed to keep unwanted intruders away from your computer system or network so that it provides secure communication between the systems and users within which firewall
- Keystroke logging – Keystroke logging is a process to track the keys that were pressed Yes into a computer (and any touchscreen points used) This is simply a map of the computer/human interface. These are used to record login IDs and passwords through grey and black hat hackers. Keyloggers are often secretly installed in a device using a trojan in a phishing email.
- Logic bomb – This is a virus that is secretly inserted inside the system and it then triggers some certain condition. This is the most common version of the time bomb.
- Malware – Malware is an umbrella term used to refer to many types of hostile or intrusive software, including computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other malicious programs.
- Master Program – A master program is a program used by a black hat hacker to transmit remote commands and activates infected zombie drones, along with it to denial of service attacks or spam attacks. is done.
- Phishing – Phishing is a form of e-mail fraud method in which senders send such emails which look like legitimate-looking emails, whose main goal is to gather their personal and financial information from the recipients.
- Phreaker – Phreakers are often considered to be original computer hackers because they use to break a telephone network illegally, use it for free long distance phone calls or tap someone’s calls.
- Rootkit – Rootkit is a type of stealthy type software, which is typically malicious, and it has been designed in such a way that it can not be detected by common security software and they can do their work.
- Shrink Wrap code – A Shrink Wrap code attack is an act that is used to exploit holes of unpatched and poorly configured software.
- Social engineering – Social engineering means to deliberately mislead people so that they provide all your details such as personal information, like credit card details, usernames and passwords etc.
- Spam – Spam simply An unsolicited email, also called junk email, and many recipients are sent to their favourites.
- Spoofing – Spoofing is a technique that is used to gain unauthorized access to others’ computers. Here the intruder sends messages to the computer that has an IP address from which it appears that the message came from the trusted host.
- Spyware – Spyware is a software that is primarily used to gather information about a person or company. But in this, the target is not known at all, and they do not want to provide all the information.
- SQL Injection – SQL injection is a type of SQL code injection technique, which is designed to attack data-driven applications, here the malicious SQL statements are inserted into the entry field for execution (e.g. To dump the contents of the database in front of the attackers).
- Threat – Threat is a possible danger that can exploit a bugged bug or vulnerability so that any computer and network system can be incorporated.
- Trojan – A Trojan, or Trojan Horse, is a type of malicious program that looks like a valid program but in a disguised form so that it is not so easy to distinguish it from a program. But it has been designed specifically to destroy files, to work like alter information, steal passwords.
- Virus – Virus is a type of malicious program or a piece of code, which is capable of copying itself and also has a detrimental effect, which makes it possible to corrupt any system, and with it, the data Can also destroy.
- Vulnerability – Vulnerability is a type of weakness that allows hackers to compromise with the security of a computer or network system.
- Worms – The type of Worm is a self-replicating virus that can alter the files, but it is present within the active memory and keeps duplicate itself.
- Cross-site Scripting – Cross-site scripting (XSS) is a type of computer security vulnerability that is commonly found in web applications. XSS enables attackers to inject the client-side script into web pages, which is then seen by users.
- Zombie Drone – You can also call a Zombie Drone hi-jacked computer, which can anonymously use for a soldier or ‘drone’ for malicious activity. For example, distributing unwanted spam e-mails.
What is Ethical Hacking? Is this legal or illegal?
So you know the three types of hacking and you may have come to know that Ethical Hacking is legal as it hackers ask hackers and improves system security. To hack ethical hacker system, there are some rules which are very important, like before the owner of the computer, have to take permission, protect the privacy of the computer so that no one else can hack, search the computer’s weakness Taxes all the details by making the owner a report.
By doing all these work, Ethical Hacker saves an individual or a company from the look of a bad hacker and prevents it from being damaged. Large companies employ Ethical Hacker in their company and keep them well in order to keep their essential files and corporate data safe.
Advantages of Ethical Hacking
So let’s now know about some of the benefits of Ethical Hacking.
- With this, you can recover your lost information, especially when you forget your password.
- This allows us to perform penetration testing so that we can check the strength of any computer or network security.
- This allows us to take adequate preventative measures to prevent security breaches.
- After learning this, we can use to protect our computer from malicious hackers.
Disadvantages of Ethical Hacking
So let’s now know about some disadvantages of Ethical Hacking.
- First of all, when you learn Ethical Hacking, people start doing your wrong thing in the greed of money.
- With this, we can gain unauthorized access to anyone’s system and learn their private information.
- It also allows us to privacy violations.
- If the reverse is used, then any system operation can cause damage.
What Is Ethical Hacking Purpose?
Let’s find out here that what is the main purpose of Ethical Hacking and why all of us are lying behind it nowadays.
- Many people tend to show off their hacking knowledge to others.
- Some people only do to entertain.
- There are also many people who also do this to check the security of a company.
- How do people to check the security of computer systems and networks?
I hope you have a hacking It may have been understood. Please tell us what your opinion is by reading this article or if any doubt related to it is in your mind, then you can comment down and ask. If you want to know about this information related to Ethical Hacking and people, do not forget to share this post with your friends and relatives in social media. If you want to provide more information related to hacking, then do not forget to bookmark our blog’s link.