How to Add a Currency Converter in WordPress
Do you want to add a currency calculator to your blog? With a currency conversion, visitors to your website can quickly calculate the exchange rate of different currencies without leaving your website. In this article, we show you how to easily add a currency calculator in WordPress.
What type of websites does a currency conversion need?
Whether you have an online store, a small company website or a WordPress blog, as long as you have an international audience and you are selling something, you can use a currency calculator.
Here are some examples of websites that may need a WordPress currency calculator:
- E-commerce stores: if you have an e-commerce store with WordPress and sell products internationally, a currency converter can help your users quickly calculate the costs in their own currency.
- Travel blogs: if you have a travel blog, a currency calculator can help your users calculate travel costs in different currencies.
- Company websites: A company website may also want its users to see exchange rates for different currencies. Especially companies with a presence in different countries.
- Finance and banking websites: Financial and banking industry websites can add currency calculations to their visitors to calculate exchange rates without leaving their website.
- Currency and currency exchange sites: there are many websites that blog or deal with cryptocurrencies, forex trading and similar niches. These websites need a currency calculator so that users can quickly calculate the conversion rates.
There may be many other websites that may need a currency converter. That said, let’s see how easily a currency converter can be added to WordPress.
Add a currency converter in WordPress
First of all, you must install and activate the Currency Converter plug-in.
After activation, you must go to the Settings »Exchange Rate Conversion page in your WordPress management area. Here you can manage general settings and add an API key that you can claim by following the instructions on the page.
After you have added the API key, you can select a layout for the currency converter. There are 4 layouts to choose from. You can display the currency calculator, exchange rate list or both using these layouts. You can also define the position of the decimal point.
Make sure you click the Save Changes button before continuing.
On the following tab, you can set the default values for the currency calculator. Allows you to enable currencies, set the default option for currencies, set the default amount for the main currency, and add a title that appears above the calculator.
After the calculator layout, go to the Standard List Layout tab for the default settings of the exchange rate list. You can select the primary currency and then add a list of other currencies to display in the rate list.
Just like the calculator’s default settings, you can also display the default amount and add the title for the exchange rate list.
The Tools tab of the plugin makes it possible to reset all data to default values given by the plugin.
Note: when you are done with the settings, click the Save Changes button. Be sure to perform this step every time you change settings on the tabs above.
Display the currency converter on your site
To view the currency calculator on your site, go to the Apperance» Widgets to drag and drop the Currency Converter widget into your widget areas.
You can also add the following shortcode to a message or page in WordPress:
When you’re done, simply visit your website to view the currency converter in the sidebar widget or WordPress page.
Once activated, go to the Settings »Exchange Rate Conversion page and go to the Integration tab . You must check the Enable option next to each setting that you want to integrate into your online store.
To display the currency calculator on your WordPress e-commerce site, you can use the shortcode on the product pages and calculate the exchange rates.
You can also define custom currency exchange rates, your currency conversion widget and -kortcodes styles and Bitcoin- exchange add to your website.