5 Best Contact Form Plugins for WordPress (2019)
Almost every modern website is provided with one or more contact forms. Where that requires a lot of programming at an ‘ordinary’ website, WordPress can simply use a plugin. But what are the best contact form plugins? We have listed them for you!
The 5 best contact form plugins
# 1. WPForms
WPForms is undoubtedly one of the most beginner-friendly contact form plugins for WordPress. This is mainly due to the intuitive drag & drop form builder. This plugin is not used on more than one million WordPress sites for nothing!
- WPForms Lite is available free of charge.
- The free version has all the basic features, including form fields, captcha, email notifications, etc.
- Functionality can be extended with the premium version, WPForms Pro.
- Everything can be managed from the WordPress Dashboard.
- The WPForms surveys & polls add-on is by far the best survey solution for WordPress.
- Although the Lite version is free, you have to upgrade to Pro for more powerful features.
- The main purpose of this plug-in is user-friendliness. That’s why he does not have many of the more complex features that some other contact form plugins do offer.
# 2. Formidable Forms
Formidable Forms is the most advanced contact form plugin for WordPress. Perfect for helping WordPress developers build complex solutions.
- Powerful add-ons.
- Drag & drop interface.
- For advanced forms such as quizzes, surveys, payment forms, registration forms and more.
- With the Formidable Views feature you can format, filter and display user-submitted data on the front-end.
- Ideal for job sites, management systems, etc.
- Powerful WooCommerce integration
- The focus is on advanced users and developers; Formidable form builder is therefore not as intuitive as WPForms.
# 3. Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms is a premium WordPress form builder plugin with all kinds of advanced features. This plugin is also aimed at developers.
- Powerful drag & drop contact form plugin.
- With add-ons, you can also use Gravity Forms for surveys, quizzes, user-submitted content, etc.
- Premium support options such as FAQs, knowledge base, forums and email support.
- Gravity forms do not have a free version and can, therefore, be more pricey than other contact form plugins for WordPress. But if you use the plugin for multiple sites or projects, it is definitely worth the price!
# 4. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is a freemium contact form plugin for WordPress, which you can use to build highly interactive forms effortlessly.
- The basic version is available free of charge.
- With premium extensions, you can expand the functionalities. Think of SMS notifications, Campaign Monitor, Salesforce, etc.
- Helpful community and e-mail support.
- Although the basic plug-in is free, the extensions are not. If you buy two or more extensions or bundle the developer, you will lose almost as much as for WPForms or Formidable Forms.
# 5. Contact Form 7
This list is of course not complete without the oldest and most downloaded contact form plugin in the official WordPress plugin repository.
- The prize is the biggest advantage of Contact Form 7. The plugin is completely free.
- There are several 3rd party plugins that act as add-ons for Contact Form 7. Most of them are also free to download.
- The interface is not so intuitive, so it is quite difficult for beginners.
- Support is limited.
- If you are looking for free contact form plugins, WPForms Lite, Formidable Forms and Ninja Forms are better solutions.